INDIAN CLUBS FOR PARKINSON ’S PATIENTS
From experience with our project “Parkinson’s without border”, all participants reported it was easier to follow the program by having someone to train along with. So we recommend you to try to involve family, friends or other patients. After all the program takes only 10 minutes a day!
Press play and follow along! We show you how to get started with your first swings. Listen to your body and follow the exercises as best as you can, pausing the video when you need to.
Daily practice speeds up the learning process, and you should be able to move onto level 2 after 6-8 weeks. The exercises in Level 2 build up on the ones in Level 1. We kept the same exercises but added a little complexity to them to challenge your balance and coordination even more.
A FEW COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
- It motivated me to take control over the training process.
- I am less stiff in my arms and shoulders.
- My fitness has been improved, I’ve also strengthened my muscles.
- It sparked interest in alternative training methods and Indian clubs.
CLUB SWINGING FOR PARKINSON ’S INCLUDES
- Guidelines and safety PDF
- Basic techniques: grips, stance and breathing
- Level 1 program
- Level 2 program
- Seated program